Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!!

First, a big THANK YOU for being so patient about my absence these past weeks.  Between the launch of the new PointsPlus Program, Christmas and now the New Year......well, I'm sure you can relate to the craziness of the season.  OK, enough excuses.  Onward!

At any rate, HAPPY NEW YEAR!  To those of you who are new to my blog, welcome.  My intent is to update it once a week with some insights and ideas, reflections on the past week, topics in the meeting room, etc.  I thoroughly welcome comments and would really REALLY like to hear from you about topics you would like me to blog about.  This blog is for YOU - my members.  I truly care for all of you and want you all to be successful in your weight loss journey.  Feedback is essential and always welcomed.

Last week the meeting rooms were packed.  It was great seeing members I am acquainted with from weeks past; it was great seeing so many new faces.  As those seasoned members can attest "If you work the plan, the plan will work for you."

To kick off the new year, I challenge each and every one of you to TRACK everything you eat (even if no one sees you eat it;)).  Tracking will not only help you LEARN the program, but I think you will be surprised at what you consume.  As I've told my members, research has shown people tend to consume up to 50% MORE FOOD than they think they do unless you write it down.  If the thought of tracking for an entire week is a bit much, try tracking for three days in a row.  Then add another day....and another.  Soon you will know the PointsPlus values of your foods and, in turn, get comfortable with the new program.

Let me know how your tracking adventure goes.  I'm interested in your thoughts, your struggles, your successes! 

Here's to a New Year......and a New YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment